WhatsApp backup via Android
The backup copy of the WhatsApp application for Android phones saved via the user’s Google Drive account To take a backup copy of WhatsApp via the Android phone, it is necessary to have an active account for the user via Google Account. Verify that the services of the Google Play Store installed and present on the user’s device, and to create a backup copy through the WhatsApp application for Android phones, the following steps can follow:
- Open the WhatsApp application on the Android phone.
- Click on the menu button in the application, then choose the “Settings” option.
- Choose the Chats option.
- Choose the chat backup option.
- Click on Back up to Google Drive, then choose the user’s desire backup frequency option.
- Choose the Google account you want to backup.
WhatsApp backup via iPhone
The backup copy of the WhatsApp application for iPhone phones saved via the iCloud service, and to make this copy, the iPhone must be running an operating system not less than iOS7. In the iOS8 operating system and the following versions, the service must be activated iCloud Drive via the phone settings by following the next steps:
- Open the Settings menu on the user’s iPhone.
- Click on the image of the user for the Apple account, then click on the “iCloud” option.
- Activate the radio button next to the WhatsApp option, which occurs when swiping to the bottom of the screen.
Restore the WhatsApp backup
Here are the steps to restore the backup via the WhatsApp application for Android devices when uninstalling the application and then reinstalling it again via the device:
- Verify that the user registered for his Google Drive account.
- Install and open the WhatsApp application on the user’s phone, then enter the user’s phone number.
- Enter the WhatsApp account, then set a picture for the profile, to start the WhatsApp application to download the backup copy on Google Drive.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process of restoring the backup.