Website development steps
Developing web pages includes the following steps:
- Learn the techniques and languages of programming websites, and the Internet contains many sites that help to learn these languages for free.
- Use the Editor program; Because website page code files are text files, and the programmer can create website pages using a simple program such as Notepad only, but when creating large and complex pages, it will be challenging to read Notepad files, so the programmer will need Using an editing program that contains more advanced features such as color-coding, examples of these programs include Notepad ++ (Notepad ++), Microsoft Visual Web Developer Express, and BBEdit, which is only intended for Mac computers ( Mac), and are free programs, but some need to be purchased, such as Adobe Dreamweaver and the free MS Visual Web Developer.
- Create website pages by creating a text file (txt), such as (page.txt), then changing the file extension to (HTML) so its name becomes (page.html), then opening the file using Notepad or any editing program, then writing the H code HTML or XHTML for the page, then save the changes, and open the file on the browser.
- Ensure that the website created is consistent by downloading significant browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and Opera, as all are free, and testing the website on Every browser.
- Ensure that the pages are legal, comply with standards and recommendations. Their validity can be verified using the address validation tool through the following link: [http: \\ validator.w3.org click here], which tests whether the site contains errors or not.
- Website page design.
- Visiting different sites and studying them to get some ideas for building the website, when entering a specific site, the page source can be seen by clicking with the right mouse button on a blank area in the browser and selecting the view source. The code used to create this page appears. The way the page source is displayed varies in different browsers.
Skills to learn to build a website
Among the most essential programming skills that all website developers should know are:
- HTML5 (HTML 5).
- CSS 3.
- Version Control Systems.
- Agile Methodology for developing websites.
The best programming tools for developing websites
Many tools help in developing, programming, and designing websites, and the best of them are:
- InVision Cloud.
- Sublime Text 3.
- Foundation 6.
- Chrome DevTools.