How to delete a Twitter account
The Twitter account can be deleted by following the following steps:
- Open a web browser, and go to the Twitter home page via the following link: (https://www.twitter.com).
- Log in to the Twitter account to be deleted by clicking on the login button at the top right of the page, also entering the account’s username and password.
- Click on the profile image shown in the top right of the page.
- Click on the “Settings and privacy” option in the middle of the drop-down menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the Deactivate my account link.
- Click on the Deactivate @username button in the middle of the page.
- Put the password for the account in the Password field if prompted.
- Clicking on the Deactivate account button, which appears in blue at the bottom right of the page, will keep the information and data on the account for 30 days. It will permanently delete after this period has passed without any opportunity to recover it.
How to restore a Twitter account after deleting it
Deleting a Twitter account is only allowed through the official Twitter website available on the Internet. This process cannot perform through the Twitter application available on mobile devices. The same is right about recovering the Twitter account. The reactivation process is complete by logging into the Twitter account via the internet browser only Using the username or email and password of the account. The site will activate the account immediately, and it may take a few minutes to recover the account data.
How to download Twitter archive
Downloading the archive for the Twitter account helps to preserve all the tweets and data available on the account from the first tweet that posted to it, and this can be done by following the following steps:
- I am opening a Twitter account through the official Twitter website available on the Internet.
- Click on the profile image displayed in the top right of the page.
- Clicking on the “Settings and privacy” option under the drop-down menu; To go to account settings.
- Clicking on the “Request your archive” appearing next to the “Your Twitter archive” option, and a notification will be sent to iOS and Android mobile devices when the download file is ready.
- Clicking the “Download archive” button below the “Download your data” section will send an email containing the link to download the archive to the email address associated with your Twitter account.
- Open the email, and click the “Download” button to start downloading the archive file.